PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION
When information identifies or is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household, we refer to it as “Personal Information.” This Personal Information includes the following categories:
- Identifiers/Contact Information: These include your name, age, postal and email address, phone number, username, encrypted password, and unique identifiers that may identify your device or browser but not you by name.
- Geolocation Data: Data about the location of the device you use to access the DB Services as more fully described below.
- Commercial Information: Your purchase and usage history, goods and service preferences, payment and account information, wallet balance, and billing dates.
- Internet/Electronic Activity: Your IP address, web/app browsing and search history related to our Services, and information regarding your interaction(s) with the Services or DB advertising.
- Inferences: The inferences that we draw from the above categories of Personal Information and web activity to create a personalized profile so we can better identify goods and services that may be of interest.
As provided in more detail below, we collect Personal Information from a variety of sources, including from:
- Internet service providers
- Data analytics providers
- Operating systems and platforms
- Social networks
- Data Aggregators, and
- From you directly
Personal Information You Provide To Us
When you use the DB Services, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information to obtain our products or use our services. For example, we may ask for Personal Information when you register to create an account, update your Personal Information, sign up for a membership or subscription, use certain features, access, upload or download content, purchase products or services, fill out a survey, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
We (or our service providers or business partners) may collect Personal Information that relates to you, such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, mailing address, date of birth, gender, and demographic information.
Personal Information You Provide When You Make a Purchase. If you make a purchase from us, you will be required to provide a credit/debit card number and related financial information (such as CVV, expiration date, and billing address), or other payment information (such as via PayPal), depending on the form of payment you choose.
Personal Information Collected Automatically
Whenever you visit or interact with the DB Services, DB, as well as any third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about your online activity. This Personal Information may be collected in the following ways:
For example, we may automatically collect certain information from you, including your browser type, mobile device manufacturer, mobile carrier, phone number, operating system, activations, content, products or services you purchase or access, the page served, and the preceding page views or websites visited, any mobile device activity and configurations, and email client.
Device Information. We may automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for the computer, mobile device, tablet or other device (collectively, “Device”) you use to access the DB Services, including the hardware model and mobile network information. We may use a Device Identifier to, among other things, provide the DB Services, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, track users’ web page, email and mobile application movements/activities, help identify or gather broad demographic information for aggregate use, and retarget online and mobile advertisements to you across computers or devices you may use.
Geolocation Information: We may collect information about the location of your Device when you access or use the DB Services. In addition, if you choose to turn on your Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or other geolocation functionality when you use our mobile applications, we may collect and use your geolocation information.
We may use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, personalize your experience with the DB Services, target our communications so that we can inform you of products and services or other offers that may be of interest to you, to measure ad quality and responses, and for internal business purposes.
2. HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may use the Personal Information about you for a variety of business purposes, including for example:
For Customer Service and Transactional Purposes, such as to:
- respond to your questions or requests and provide customer service.
- manage your account and registration.
- troubleshoot issues, bugs or defects related to your account or activities.
- provide you with access to certain features of the DB Services.
- validate, confirm, verify, deliver, and track your order (including to arrange for shipping, handle returns and refunds, and contact you about your orders, including by telephone), and send you related information, coupons, products, or samples.
- verify your identity or communicate with you about your activities with respect to the DB Services.
- to use and disclose your credit, debit, or payment card or other financial information to process payments and prevent fraud.
- contact you regarding your use of the DB Services and, in our discretion, changes to any Dormly Box policy.
- develop new products or services and to enhance current products and services; and
- protect the security or integrity of the DB Services and our business, such as by protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
3. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Personal Information collected or generated through your use of the DB Services may be shared by you or by us as described below.
Sharing of Personal Information by You
The DB Services offer many ways to find, enjoy, and share content.
Your activity in connection with the DB Services, such as filling out surveys, reviewing and rating products, inquiring about or purchasing products, participation in online communities, “liking” or “sharing” DB content to your social media accounts or pages or otherwise interacting with the DB Services, may be visible to other users of the DB Services and in some cases, publicly available.
Sharing of Personal Information by Us
We may share the Personal Information collected from or about you for the following business purposes:
With Our Affiliates. We may share your Personal Information with our subsidiaries and affiliated companies for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes.
Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third party service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions on our behalf. This includes, but may not be limited to, service providers that host or operate the DB Services; process payment; analyze data; provide customer service; provide postal or delivery services and administer or participate in any promotions.
Business Transfers. In the event that another entity acquires us or all or substantially all of our assets, or assets related to the DB Services, your Personal Information may be disclosed to such entity as part of the due diligence process and will be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such Personal Information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties. Finally, Personal Information described in this paragraph may also be disclosed for due diligence purposes in connection with any proposed transaction of the sorts described in this paragraph.
Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information. We may also share aggregate or anonymous (de-identified) information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses. Such information does not contain Personal Information.
Other Third Parties. Your Personal Information may also be shared with our sponsors, partners, advertisers, advertising networks, advertising servers, and analytics companies or other third parties in connection with marketing, promotional, and other offers, as well as product information. Your Personal Information may also be shared with third parties we identify at the time you provide your Personal Information or otherwise with your consent.
4. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct the DB Services to nor do we knowingly collect any Personal Information from, children under the age of sixteen. If DB learns that a child under the age of sixteen has provided Personal Information through the DB Services, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our files.
5. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
6. OTHER SITES
The DB Services may contain links to other sites that we do not own or operate. This includes links from service providers, fulfillment companies, advertisers, sponsors, or other business partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding agreement. We are not responsible for these sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies or practices. These other web sites may send their own cookies to your Device, they may independently collect data or solicit Personal Information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. You should also independently assess the authenticity of any site which appears or claims that it is one of the DB Services (including those linked to through an email or social networking page).
7. CHANGES & OTHER DB PRIVACY POLICIES
A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your Services.
8. CONTACT US